I just registered for my fourteenth (!!!) Race for the Cure. The Washington, DC version, known as the Global Race for the Cure, will be held on and around the National Mall on Saturday, June 4. While participants are encouraged to fundraise for the event, I've opted not to, as I'm trying to focus all of my efforts on the 3-Day. But the majority of my registration fee goes toward the Komen Foundation, and every little bit helps.
When Susan Komen was dying of breast cancer, rather than focusing on herself, she spent her remaining time thinking of ways to make life better for others battling the disease. Just before she died, Susan's sister, Nancy, promised her that she would do everything in her power to end breast cancer forever.
I am in awe of these two amazing ladies, the one who watches hopefully from above and the other who is down here on the ground helping us move closer and closer to a cure. I am honored I can be part of their efforts.
No comments:
Post a Comment