Thursday, April 14, 2011

I Am Walking Again!

I'm walking again!!

"Wait a minute," you're probably thinking, "Duh! Isn't that why you're writing this blog?"

Well, in a word, yes. But now I'm talking about walking in 2013! Last night, I had dinner with my wonderfully lovely friend, Susan, who has supported me financially and emotionally for each of the 3-Days I've done so far, and she's even come out along the route to cheer for me. Back in 2001, we planned to walk together, but after she paid her registration fee, she discovered, joyfully, that she was pregnant. (Amazingly enough, that baby is turning 10 this weekend!!)

Last night, over our delicious dinner, we chatted about this year's walk and reminisced about how we almost walked together in 2001. We decided that we'd definitely walk together someday, and the more we chatted, we thought, "Why not in 2013?"

So, we clinked our wine glasses together and said, "To 2013!" So, with the 2011 walk still almost five months away, the next 3-Day is already on my calendar. Or it would be, if I had a 2013 calendar! Yay, Susan!!

No comments:

Post a Comment