During the Opening Ceremonies at the 2008 3-Day, a spokesperson for the Komen Foundation shared the following words with us. They touched me, and as I'm sure they will resonate with you, too, I thought I'd share them here:
"Moments. Wonderful, lifetime moments. Rites of passage that shape our lives. Milestones that represent a life's journey. A baby's first step. A wedding kiss. Blowing out the candles on a birthday cake. Loved ones reunited."
"Moments we all deserve to look forward to, but when breast cancer invades, lives are so rudely interrupted, stealing those precious moments away."
"We are here now so that in the future, we will reminisce about reunions with those we love, and not about our memories of them. We come together to bring all possible joy to each birthday and to give each graduate the gift of standing with both parents."
"Today we are here because you have answered the call to do something extraordinary, and that's the remarkable thing about this lifetime moment. It's a celebration, measured in miles, and a shared conviction that everyone deserves a lifetime."
No comments:
Post a Comment