Thursday, April 21, 2011

Flights Are Booked!

With the cost of fuel continuing to go up, I decided it was probably better to book my flights to and from San Francisco sooner rather than later. Airfares are actually a little less expensive now than they were two months ago, but with the summer travel season just around the corner, I began worrying the cost might rise.

So, I just booked my flights! I'll leave Dulles on Wednesday morning, September 7*, arriving in San Francisco mid-morning that day, and I'll depart the west coast on Monday morning, September 12, returning to Dulles that evening.

*You may wonder why I'm going out to California two days early. Because Mom and Dad will there, too! Coincidentally, they will be hiking through Yosemite on a trip organized by the Appalachian Mountain Club while I'm walking in the 3-Day, and we thought it would be fun to meet in San Francisco a bit early so that we could spend some time there together before we begin our respective treks. It will be fun, although I wish they could be there to cheer me on for the 3-Day. I know they'll be there in spirit!

1 comment:

  1. How fun!!!! It is so neat you'll be able to meet up with them all the way across the country and while you are walking, they'llb e hiking--you can think good trekking thoughts for each other :)

    ReplyDelete