Sunday, April 24, 2011

Cakewalk Sunday

In terms of training, today was a cakewalk. I walked only a couple of miles. I had planned to do more than that, especially because I felt completely fine after yesterday's 17+ miles, but Easter cake preparations got in my way.

I spent much of today making sweets for Easter dinner. With my trusty sidekick, Eli, who is a wonderful sous-chef, I prepared a bunch of tasty treats. Eli got a bit distracted from time-to-time, by a dog he saw walking by on the street, by the hopeful anticipation of the goodies in his Easter bag, and by his own little cupcake.

All in all, though, he was an excellent kitchen assistant, and by mid-afternoon, we'd made a chocolate chip cookie Kahlua cake, gingersnap cookies, and Easter basket cakes. A productive day! So I think it was okay to walk only two miles today, right? Happy Easter, everyone!!

2 comments:

  1. Yes, after walking over 17 miles one day, taking a little break on Easter Sunday makes sense to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! All the stuff that you baked looks great, but your easter baskets are adorable!

    ReplyDelete