As hard as it is to believe, this marks my sixteenth spring in the DC area. Without a doubt, this is the coldest late March I can remember in all those years. We even had measurable snow on Sunday, and more snow (along with sleet and even graupel!) yesterday. In the middle of the day today, it's just in the 30s. Furthermore, I'm now in the midst of my second cold of the month, which seems a bit ridiculous to me.
All of this is a long way of saying that I've not been feeling particularly motivated to do much walking recently. I did walk nine miles early last Saturday morning, heading from out to just beyond the Fairfax County line and back on the Washington & Old Dominion Trail. I even ran into some 3-Day walkers along the way, which was great fun! This weekend, Saturday anyway, will be quite busy, as I participate in my dear friend, Catherine's, wedding. But after that, FINALLY things calm down after what has been a very busy winter and early spring. By next weekend, I hope to be healthy and ready for the really serious training to begin!
No comments:
Post a Comment