Today, I took an 11-mile walk, and I brought my camera along with me so that I could capture some pictures to share. Robbie is really busy with work right now, with Election Day less than eight weeks away, and he's had to work for the past few weekends. For today's walk, I walked from Arlington into DC, where I had lunch with him and his colleagues, and then I turned around and came back home. On the way into town, I walked along the
Custis Trail, one of Arlington's many biking/running/walking trails, and on the way back home, I walked along neighborhood streets. Here are some pictures I took along the trail:


As I neared the Key Bridge in Rosslyn, I came across an early sign of fall along the trail:

Many of the overpasses along Route 66, such as this one, display flags in memory of the innocent lives lost nine years ago today and in honor of our country:

Here is a view from the Key Bridge, looking east over the Potomac toward the Watergate Hotel and the Washington Monument:

The flag in Frances Scott Key Park on the DC side of the Key Bridge was flying at half-staff:

I took this picture while walking east along M Street in Georgetown:

And then, I arrived at Robbie's office, where I enjoyed this delicious roasted vegetable salad he had gotten me for lunch:

After lunch, on my way back through Georgetown, I passed by these marigolds and then continued west along M Street, where I was tempted to stop at a chocolate shop. I resisted, by if I'd had to choose, I think I would have gone with the chocolate bar with crushed mint Oreo:
No comments:
Post a Comment